Using analytics to create a better world
QTEM - Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management - is a global Master's network of universities and international corporate partners.
If you want to boost your career prospects with a unique set of skills and international exposure, the QTEM program is for you!
- Acquire strong quantitative and analytical skills and techniques applied to management and economics
- Study one or two semesters abroad: choose among 24 leading business and economic schools around the globe
- Be immersed in the reality of decision-making through a company internship
- Join an exciting and growing elite network
- Receive your standard MSc Degree from Lausanne and the QTEM Certificate
The QTEM program is intended for HEC Lausanne students registered in the Master in Management, in Finance, in Economics or in the Master in Accounting, Control and Finance.
Global Business Analytics Challenge (QBAC)
A deep dive into analytics and global collaboration
Each QTEM student complete online trainings and the QTEM Data Challenge (QDC). They are offered during both semesters, Spring and Fall, and must be followed during the same semester.
Data Science: you learn all about Data Science applied to business
Digital Leadership: you train your soft skills as to be prepared for the QDC
QTEM Data Challenge
In international teams of three, you work remotely to provide creative solutions to a company by analyzing exclusive data provided by the company
How to choose your QTEM courses?
The QTEM internship will be done during or after the Master
- Covers a period of minimum 240 man-hours, full-time equivalent - 1.5 months
- Must have an analytical component
- Can be done in Switzerland or abroad
The internship will be managed through the QTEM Portal, as soon as the student finds an internship.
If the internship is done in Europe, a SEMP (ex-Erasmus) grant of CHF 440.- per month can be given. More information at the SASME.
QTEM Application: documents to submit
- QTEM Application Form
- QTEM Student Engagement Form
- Cover letter (max. 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Learning agreement (study program), one for each chosen destination - choose at least 4 destinations
- If Bachelor not undertaken at HEC: copies of all university results & certificates obtained
- GMAT score 650 recommended, 600 mandatory ; GRE also accepted
- Proof of proficiency in English if available (official test mandatory for Monash Business School)
- Any relevant document
"The GMAT Official Score Report" must directly be sent to HEC Lausanne and to QTEM. The codes are the following:
HEC Lausanne (University of Lausanne, HEC Lausanne, Master of Science Programs): VTR-GM-28
Application to be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org